Old 21-05-2013, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mentalguy2k8[_2_] Mentalguy2k8[_2_] is offline

Default Strimming grass, two questions

Helping a housebound relative with a bit of a neglected garden.

Firstly, is it advisable to strim grass on a lawn/edging/borders while it's
wet? It's been raining on and off and it's damp.

Secondly, what's the tactic for badly overgrown grass/weeds? On average it's
about 6 inches high but higher in places. I was thinking of taking it all
down a few inches, then giving it a couple of days to get upright again,
then taking it down to a sensible level. Any point to this, or should I just
go at it and do it in one hit?