Old 21-05-2013, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Strimming grass, two questions

In article ,
"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

I'll be using an extension reel with a built-in circuit breaker anyway. Now
it's stopped spitting I'll go out there and see what happens,

What happened? :-)

Bit late for advice now, but my 2p would have been: get a face mask
(like the pros wear), and wear a boiler suit! I've been strimming wet
stuff recently: my clothes were covered in shredded vegetation,
including the mask I was wearing, which shows how painful (or dangerous,
even) strimming can be.

I was using a 2-stroke, mind, so it could be that an electric one
doesn't present as much of a danger to eyesight!

John