Old 21-05-2013, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Heavy Gardening Gloves

Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

I have some brambles and roses to clear and would like
to have a /thick/ pair of leather gloves so I don't
experience involuntary acupuncture.

I currently have one glove which is completely made of
thick (1mm, probably 2mm) leather. It does resist
thorns almost completely.

Having looked in my local garden centre and DIY shops,
all I can find is a myriad varieties of sort and/or thin
and/or fleecy gloves that have leather on one side.

Any hints as to how to locate heavy-duty leather gloves
would be appreciated. Or anything else that is suitable
for brambles (and preferably homicidal macaws, but
that's another story).

I use all-leather gloves with a soft cotton lining, like these

http://www.screwfix.com/p/keep-safe-...-size-10/15705

Builders merchants also sell them.

That looks like a decent range; better than the place
I tried today.