Old 22-05-2013, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Strimming grass, two questions

Broadback wrote:
On 21/05/2013 21:23, wrote:
Jake wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 20:07:04 +0100, Another John
wrote:

I was using a 2-stroke, mind, so it could be that an electric one
doesn't present as much of a danger to eyesight!

John

By comparison, electric strimmers (even the biggest) are weaklings! I
know you know but a few Garden Banter readers may pick this post up.

Depends how big, my Ryobi electric 'head' is just as powerful, if not a
little more powerful than the petrol powered heads. It should be
because it's 1000 watts and that's pretty close to the 1hp of the petrol
ones.

If the weeds include nettles they can be a PITA. Being very tough the
tend to wrap around the head, causing problems. Frequent clearing of the
head is the order of the day.

By 'head' I mean the thing at the *top* end with the motor. These are
Ryobi expand-it machines so there's a power head (I have both electric
and petrol) and several bottom ends which are strimmer, brush cutter,
cultivator, hedge trimmer, lopper, etc. They can be powered by either
the electric head or the petrol one and, as I said, there's not much to
choose between the two as regards power.

--
Chris Green
ยท