Old 24-05-2013, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Heavy Gardening Gloves

On 24/05/2013 09:40, wrote:
In article ,
Tom Gardner wrote:

Welders Gloves
http://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/41031...ders-gauntlets

I'll second that.

I find that the problem with heavy gloves is that I lose so much
sensation that I become dangerous - either to plants I am pruning
or to myself.

I need to be dangerous to the brambles, so that's a bonus

How do heavy gloves make you more dangerous to yourself?

Tools slipping out of my hands. Failing to realise that what I
am relying on for balance (and I balance entirely by touch) is
not stable. But the former is the main one, and applies to
almost every user of potentially dangerous tools. It's a known
cause of industrial accident, in most cases a price worth paying
because of the reduced risk - but sometimes it is the protective
gear that is the main risk.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I find that without gloves you think about every move you make, not just
grab.