Old 24-05-2013, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Cold, wet and windy.

In article ,
says...

Feels like winter today in North Lincs. Our forecast is to gradualy get
better over the next few days. Hope thats true.
The birds have nested, I think. I know the Blackbirds have. What they must
be going through now! I have tipped one of the composters over to let them
have some worms and have put out extra grain and fat and fatballs for tits
and finches, even sparrows.
What else can I do to help them? I would like to know.

Baz

Bitterly cold wind here yesterday and today. Car said
8 degrees at 8.30 this morning. Ground frost forecast
for tonight!

Birds seem to thrive, goldfinches, siskins and recpols
devouring most of the sunflower seed I put out and
then move on to the niger when it is all gone. Not
that many tits around at the moment. Thrush sings
daily at the top of a large cherry in next doors
garden, and woodpecker comes for nuts and fat balls. I
also tend to put out half an apple ocasionally for the
blackbirds.

Seen a few haousemartins, but they dont seem to have
nested anywhere yet.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales