Old 24-05-2013, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cold, wet and windy.

"Baz" wrote in message
Feels like winter today in North Lincs. Our forecast is to gradualy get
better over the next few days. Hope thats true.
The birds have nested, I think. I know the Blackbirds have. What they must
be going through now! I have tipped one of the composters over to let them
have some worms and have put out extra grain and fat and fatballs for tits
and finches, even sparrows.
What else can I do to help them? I would like to know.

Baz

You can maybe put some finch or canary mix in a seed feeder to help the
finch-type parents but other than that I think you're doing all you can.
It's blowing a hoolie here in Leicestershire today. Lots of leaves ripped
off the trees and lilac blossoms too.

The runner beans and mange tout I sowed 13 days ago in buckets show no sign
of coming up, it's probably too cold for them to germinate.