Old 24-05-2013, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Cold, wet and windy.

On 24/05/2013 10:29, Baz wrote:
Feels like winter today in North Lincs. Our forecast is to gradualy get
better over the next few days. Hope thats true.
The birds have nested, I think. I know the Blackbirds have. What they must
be going through now! I have tipped one of the composters over to let them
have some worms and have put out extra grain and fat and fatballs for tits
and finches, even sparrows.
What else can I do to help them? I would like to know.

Baz

Since it's a cold, damp spring - and also because some birds have two
broods - it's still worth putting out nesting material. We put out RG's
hair after a trim and I gather some of the moss from the lawn. Pet hair
is also a possibility, and dog hair would help to keep squirrels away
from nests containing eggs.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London