Old 24-05-2013, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Heavy Gardening Gloves

On 24/05/2013 22:39, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:01:20 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Tools slipping out of my hands. Failing to realise that what I
am relying on for balance (and I balance entirely by touch) is
not stable. But the former is the main one, and applies to
almost every user of potentially dangerous tools. It's a known
cause of industrial accident, in most cases a price worth paying
because of the reduced risk - but sometimes it is the protective
gear that is the main risk.

If astronauts can cope, so can you, Nick :-)

Yes
But
Astronauts undergo at least 2 years if intensive training

Not to do gardening. It isn't rocket science.

No, the compost would be a problem in the space station and they
wouldn't do well outside
But they do have a lot of training how to use tools in space with heavy
gloves.

I wonder how brambles would grow in low gravity.