Old 25-05-2013, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Beautiful week end!

"Sacha" wrote
Yes, sometimes you just have to grow what you can grow, fun though it is to
push the envelope at times! We have 3 Wisterias growing as standards on
the main lawn and one is just hopeless. It comes into leaf long before the
flowers show and flowers poorly anyway. Ray keeps saying 'give it a
chance' but as far as I'm concerned, it's had 3 or 4 years, so that's it.
Out! We had another on the house wall (planted long before Ray came here)
and it did just the same, so it's had to go.

It's funny how some Wisteria do that, it detracts so much from the effect.
Ours covering our S facing wall always flowers before the leaves and has
been stunning this year. A neighbour who bought one for the same position on
her house had no flowers at all but in her case I think it's too much
pruning after years of no where near enough so it will be my fault. Mind you
hers does have some decades to go to reach the age of ours and it's a
grafted plant too.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.