Old 25-05-2013, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default B & Q

On 25/05/2013 17:35, 'Mike' wrote:
RAIN?

"Baz" wrote in message ...

stuart noble wrote in
:

On 25/05/2013 12:02, Jake wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 10:13:27 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Called in there yesterday and they are doing buy 2 plants and get
3rd free ends Monday, it over rides their other plant offers, so I
bought 12 tomato plants, strawberry and yam plants saved almost £4
instead of £1.90. David @ a strangely wind free and sunny side of
Swansea Bay.

That's a double score, not only good savings but plants that are
still alive.

Aldi's bedding plants have been standing outside for a week or more,
presumably awaiting the skip into which they will have to be chucked
if there's enough staff.

When I asked a member of the staff at Aldi why the plants were in dry
compost she said that they were probably self watering! I wonder how she
thinks that this is going to happen.

I did get some lettuce seedlings from them and they came in a miniature
greenhouse with a layer of gel beneath the compost.
Very neat.