Old 25-05-2013, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default B & Q

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:06:01 -0700 (PDT), Rod
wrote:

Well, don't knock it. Our local B&Q is always worth a look for plants - some quite good. And it's not all run of the mill impulse buy bedding.

Rod

If your local is ok, great. Around here I stopped even thinking about
B&Q plants years ago. I do have a quick nip outside sometimes when I'm
there for something else but nothing has yet convinced me to change my
view. I do not think a "half price" label on a shelf of six packs in
each of which, at best, one plant is showing signs that it might live
for another few hours is value for money!

If I want "bigger" plants I prefer to buy from a nursery or somewhere
like Crocus where they can tell which way up something should be.

--
Cheers, Jake