Old 25-05-2013, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default B & Q

On 25/05/2013 21:42, Jake wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:06:01 -0700 (PDT), Rod
wrote:

Well, don't knock it. Our local B&Q is always worth a look for plants - some quite good. And it's not all run of the mill impulse buy bedding.

Rod

If your local is ok, great. Around here I stopped even thinking about
B&Q plants years ago. I do have a quick nip outside sometimes when I'm
there for something else but nothing has yet convinced me to change my
view. I do not think a "half price" label on a shelf of six packs in
each of which, at best, one plant is showing signs that it might live
for another few hours is value for money!

If I want "bigger" plants I prefer to buy from a nursery or somewhere
like Crocus where they can tell which way up something should be.

I think that with a lot of the "Sheds", if you can find out the day they
have delivery of their plants and go that day or the next you can get
some good stuff. but once they have had it for a week or so then it all
depends on the staff they have, One branch near us is good, but another,
I believe that the plants start to die as soon as they know they are
going there.