Old 26-05-2013, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Strawberries. A good year?

On 2013-05-26 13:02:03 +0100, Baz said:

I have some finger nail size, green ones on the south facing brick border.
This is their 3rd year. Should I dig them up and plant new ones in autumn,
or give it another year? They say that strawberries should be renewed every
3 years. So I am not sure.

Thanks
Baz

Are you sure they're not fraise des bois? Those tiny woodland
strawberries that are so sweet and delicious? I knew someone who always
planted them here and there in a garden and when she was weeding she'd
enjoy snacking on them!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com