Old 27-05-2013, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The weekend is over

On 27/05/2013 09:10, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Martin" wrote ...

David Hill wrote:

Woke this morning to what seems like a different season.
Cool to cold, no sun and quite a strong wind. with rain fast approaching.
David @ a bleak side of Swansea Bay

It's a lovely day here.
I've wondered why we don't all move to a place with a warmer climate.
Forget about the south of France. I have friends there who are
wondering why they moved to France and not Australia

Well at least in France you won't get stung by a Box or Irukandji Jellyfish,
bitten by various spiders, ripped apart by a Salt Water Croc, ..... etc.

Not forgetting the venomous snakes, of course. Whilst on a
plant-hunting holiday many years ago near Esperance in Western
Australia, in the road ahead was a Tiger Snake which was being mobbed by
birds. I drove over it ( carefully missing it). I stopped to get a
photo but thought better of it. Tigers are said to be bad-tempered, and
I was an hour's drive from the nearest hospital where they might have
had anti-venom.

Then there are the bull ants...

--

Jeff