Old 27-05-2013, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Strawberries. A good year?

On Mon, 27 May 2013 09:20:44 GMT, Baz wrote:

Well, Jake, for once I dissagree with you.
I have taken runners from year 1 and ALL have produced, both runners and
parent. Never had a dead'un.

Baz

My approach is that I don't want any more plants in years 1 and 2 so I
remove the runners - that way the parent plants put all their energy
into fruiting. No doubt if I let the runners develop, they would fruit
the next year but where would I put them? Each tower holds 10 plants
and perhaps because plants have loads of space, we get more than
enough fruit to keep us well and truly stuffed!

--
Cheers, Jake