Old 25-04-2003, 01:56 PM
lbbs

Default How can you tell If you need to Dethatch?

I dug out a slice of grass, to inspect the thatch, but not sure how to
measure it. Is the thatch the roots of the grass? I shook off the dirt
from the sample and as far as I can tell there is at least 1/2 inch of root
thatch. Our law has not been dethatched in at least ten years. Those
that automatically mean I need to detach? We have lived hear for 2 years
and the previous owners did not spend too much time on the lawn care.
They never aerated or dethatched, just fertilized and mowed regularly.