Old 27-05-2013, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Mulberry tree

On 27/05/2013 11:08, Pam Moore wrote:
Six or seven years in our case. It's now over twenty years old and has
masses of fruit every year.

David

Lucky you!

huh I grew one from seed and it was enormous, but dropped tiny weeny
purple fruit all over the grass and it ended up with a right mess and
drunk butterflies lolling all over the top of the water butts where the
fruit had squishes down.

Leaves come down very early and are huge roots grow near the top of the
grass surface, bits broke off regularly, hacked it down to about 5 foot
and now get easily a mass of 7 foot strong water shoots (I guess)
every year from all the ends of the stumps

Why do leaves change shape as a plant gets older like mulberry and ivy?

The older mulberry leaves are completely different to those it had when
younger, No they aren't sucker it was from a seed but definitely the
leaves changed shape

--
Janet T.
Amersham