Old 28-05-2013, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is this Viburnum Maresii dying?

"Terry Deans" wrote in message

No replies to earlier post, so I'm having another go!.

Beautiful, weeping-habit Viburnum (Plicatum) Mareisii was starting to
come in to bud several weeks ago. I went back to check it out about
three weeks ago now and the buds have all withered and the shrub looks
really sad against the green shrubs all around it in the border.

Can it be dying? Or has the late frost/cold in late April here in the
South West of England, caused it to quit for this year? Perhaps to come
back again?

Any clues or help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Terry Deans

Not sure this is your problems as its been a funny season but Viburnums are
particuarly prone to phytophthora ramorum so if you do decide its dead burn
everything carefully!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs