Old 28-05-2013, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Mulberry tree

On 2013-05-27 22:33:11 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

On 26/05/2013 10:08, Sacha wrote:
Our mulberry tree is finally showing leaf buds. I'll always be grateful
to Kay for warning me that it was just about the last thing in the
garden to do so! It looks as dead as a stick for a lonnnnng time and
then suddenly bursts into life.

Firast to lose its leaves as well AND breaks its branches easily

I haven't noticed re the leaves, so I'll keep an eye open. But ours
hasn't been losing any branches. My parents had a truly ancient one
that hung down to the ground and made a sort of camp for us children. I
can't remember any bits coming off that, either, though the trunk had
long ago split and was held together with an iron band. In the end, a
violent storm sweeping up from the sea brought the whole thing down.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com