Old 28-05-2013, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Is this Viburnum Maresii dying?

In article ,
says...

Not sure this is your problems as its been a funny season but Viburnums are
particuarly prone to phytophthora ramorum so if you do decide its dead burn
everything carefully!

Yep; and don't tell anyone. You do NOT want an eradication order
slapped on your garden; it's not just a matter of burning affected
plants but digging out and sterilising and quarantining surrounding soil
for yards around. (All pretty pointless IMO since the spores are
carried on wildlife feet, shoes, wind and rain). A nearby property
which is affected by P.kernoviae http has spent tens of thousands on
compulsory eradication and STILL can't contain the outbreak.

I found the Phytopthora Police patrolling my garden looking for
affected plants, without the courtesy of informing the owner :-( I
suggested that a knock at the door and a polite request would have been
appropriate, and received the charmless answer "We don't need your
permission to come and survey, and control compliance is not optional."

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/915/0103583.pdf

Janet.