Old 28-05-2013, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The weekend is over

On Tue, 28 May 2013 14:42:12 +0100, Sacha wrote:

A bit late to this thread, but on the subject of Aussie fauna, flora
and history, may I recommend "Australia" by Bill Bryson. I thought the
book not his best, but funny and as always well researched and full of
fascinating stuff.

I was weeping with laughter on the first page!

Adele recently read his "At Home" and enjoyed it so much that she read it
again! Our daughter thought she was really bats. But I enjoyed hearing
many anecdotes, and she seemed to find different ones (or I'd forgotten
them already!) the second time around.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy