Old 28-05-2013, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Moving a Rhododendron

"Tahiri" wrote

I have been offered a potted rhododendron. It is reputedly
a rooted layer from a much larger specimen, which looks like
a typical wild R. Ponticum, although I am no expert. The plant
is about two feet high above the soil level in the pot. However
it is well rooted into the soil beneath the pot. Should I try and
take these roots with it and then cut it out of the pot when I get
it home, or just chop them off?

If it's Ponticum then just burn it or take it down the Council Recycling
yard. That's unless you want to grow pernicious weeds.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.