Old 29-05-2013, 04:10 AM posted to rec.ponds
ReelMcKoi[_6_] ReelMcKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Pond fad over......

"j" wrote in message
On 5/12/2013 1:10 AM, ReelMcKoi wrote:

wrote in message
Our pond is thriving. The industry appears not to be.

I have a 500 gallon pond, and friends with both larger and smaller ponds.
All in the city.

You would think that wanting a pond would be widespread, but not so.
Around here, ponds are very rare.

It may be that you need to know someone with a pond, before you get one. I
have a friend that wanted my advice about keeping the neighbors kids out
of her pond. So, she took my advice and now those kids have their own
small pond.

Jeff

No kids here fortunately. At one time there were ponds all up and down my
semi-rural road. Most have been filled in. I only know of one left here
now other than mine, plus the stock (cattle) pond on the property next to
us. But he just has the pond for the cattle. The other pond is a 5,000 gl
one it appears the owners more or less abandoned.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.