Old 29-05-2013, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default May Mushroom

wrote in message

It's that time again, I've got mushrooms under the (relatively new) almond
tree,
and we're looking for hints in identification.

With usual provisos - yes, we're not going to eat them; yes, we know you
can't tell
much just from a photo; no, we're not going to poison anyone with them;
no, we're
not going to sell them to the local school kids; etc

http://comps.org/vicky/may_mushroom.jpg

The tops are brown and the whole thing looked almost spherical. The brown
was
very shiny but it was damp. You couldn't really see the base, as it was
growing
up between stones, but when I took one out you could see the white fluffy
stuff
I have forgotten the name of, with no underground growth to speak of. The
size
should be obvious from the scale in the photo, but was approx 1.25 inches
across.

Looks like common Field Mushroom to me.
R.