Old 30-05-2013, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Habanero Help - Small Fruit

In article ,
Stevie wrote:

Can anyone advise on what I could do to yeild larger fruit?

Pollinate less of them, perhaps. Pick off excess flowers. I'm no chilli
grower, but as a general rule, for the same plant, if there are fewer
fruit, the fruit are larger (within the range of size that plant
produces.) I see no particular reason that would not be true of Chillis
as anything else.

Temperature-wise, I think they want to stay above 10C/50F at night or
they are likely to sulk.

Depending on how effective your pollination is, limited/partial
pollination can also have a negative effect on fruit size/shape.