Old 30-05-2013, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Habanero Help - Small Fruit

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Stevie wrote:
What I am a little concerned about is the fruit. They are ripening very
quickly and not getting anywhere near the size they should be. Many are
ripening when not much bigger than a pea with the largest one only
getting to raspberry size at best.

likely needs more heat and light. trim off the
flowers as they appear. see if only leaving a few
makes them bigger. if not, then wait until there
is more light and heat.

I am keeping them watered very few days if needed and using a chilli
focus feed every other water but I am clearly doing something wrong?

might be too much nitrogen.

Nitrogen (too much will kill the plant), with sufficient water, warmth,
and 8-12 hr. of sunshine would suppress flowering. The plants respond
to shorter days by setting flowers.

The plants are kept in my conservatory without any additional heating
but with the typical British weather the temperatures are all over the
place.

Can anyone advise on what I could do to yeild larger fruit?

patience until it gets warmer and has more
sunshine.

songbird

--
Remember Rachel Corrie