Old 30-05-2013, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Taking cutting of alder

On Thu, 30 May 2013 18:08:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

On 30 May 2013 13:55:56 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

On Wed, 29 May 2013 23:58:45 +0200, Martin wrote:

I have the impression that the VAT paid goes to Luxembourg. Am I
right?

I doubt it, but their headquarters is there. I have a friend who works
for them in the states, he's just gone there for a 2 year stint. Why
would UK VAT be sent abroad?

Payments are paid to a Luxembourg account. Symantec have a similar iffy
financial set up. If I pay for a Symantec licence in NL, not only is the
VAT paid in Ireland, but I am charged the Irish rate of VAT. I get
around this by buying US licences from Amazon.co.uk One mystery is that
Amazon sells UK licenses and US licences for the same products, I wonder
why anybody buys the UK licences.

I guess they go by Amazon EU. Still I won't tell you what I think of
your giving your money to Symantec...

Until fairly recently Amazon customers were paying no VAT because
products were shipped from the Channel Islands

Not me, I just looked and I paid VAT as far back as 2001. Delivered to a
UK address, too.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy