Old 30-05-2013, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default May Mushroom

Granity wrote:
It's difficult to be sure because of colour reproduction, however it's

The colour reproduction is quite good for me, although it may depend more on
your monitor than the photo quality.

NOT a common Field Mushroom, My susgestion is that it's either Agaricus
subrufescens, or if there any conifers near by, Agaricus silvaticus or
Tricholoma vaccinum

Web search photos all show them to be a bit flaky looking on the top, where
this was very smooth, although I guess it could have been because it was young
and had been raining.

Interesting stuff here though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond_...Commercial_use

"Because Agaricus subrufescens contains a high level of beta glucans,
compounds known for stimulating the immune system,[7][8][9] the fungus is
used in oncological therapy in Japan and Brazil ... "