Old 30-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Terry Deans Terry Deans is offline
Registered User

Thanks Janet. Aprreciate you taking the time to reply so candidly and detailed. I have had experience of this Phytopthora thing before a couple of years ago. Wiped out a whole garden Aucuba and some of the others in the neighbourhood (only Aucuba though, didnt see it damage anything else). It was scary. Might have been a different strain to the one you described here as the name 'ramorum' doesn't ring any bells. In fact I posted some pics on here, which is were it was suggested what the problem was and Phytopthora '......' was mentioned. I must check back and see what it was. I have been a garden maintenance worker, self-employed, for just over 8 years now, so I have many gardens and properties to maintain now. Still learning and very much to learn yet, for sure.

Thanks

Terry