Old 30-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Terry Deans Terry Deans is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Deans View Post
Thanks Janet. Aprreciate you taking the time to reply so candidly and detailed. I have had experience of this Phytopthora thing before a couple of years ago. Wiped out a whole garden Aucuba and some of the others in the neighbourhood (only Aucuba though, didnt see it damage anything else). It was scary. Might have been a different strain to the one you described here as the name 'ramorum' doesn't ring any bells. In fact I posted some pics on here, which is were it was suggested what the problem was and Phytopthora '......' was mentioned. I must check back and see what it was. I have been a garden maintenance worker, self-employed, for just over 8 years now, so I have many gardens and properties to maintain now. Still learning and very much to learn yet, for sure.

Thanks

Terry
Here is the old Aucuba Japonica post with photos. In fact, the responder only mentions Phytopthora pathogens, not a strain name. http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden...ad-plants.html