Old 30-05-2013, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] is offline

Default Please tell me this isn't giant ground elder

On 30/05/2013 19:31, Blenny wrote:

I have an overgrown bank under trees and bushes; apart from bluebells
and daffodils in season, it has nettles, ground elder, garlic mustard,
goosegrass, ivy etc that I try and keep under control. I now have this
thing - it's thigh-high with long red hairy stems and big leaves (about
hand-sized). I'm hoping it's not ground-elder gone triffid-size. Can
anyone identify it please? Thanks.

|Filename: ST836731a.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15573|

Hogweed (Heracleum sphondylium).