Old 31-05-2013, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Taking cutting of alder

On Fri, 31 May 2013 00:11:58 +0200, Martin wrote:

On 30 May 2013 16:37:25 GMT, Emery Davis
wrote:

[]

Until fairly recently Amazon customers were paying no VAT because
products were shipped from the Channel Islands

Not me, I just looked and I paid VAT as far back as 2001. Delivered to
a UK address, too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...amazon-forces-

publishers-pay-vat-ebook

Refers to ebooks, not all products.

http://www.xlab.co.uk/weblog/538

Refers to occasional specials offered VAT free, not all products.

All my Amazon purchases are paid via a UK bank account and delivered to
a UK address.

And you've never paid any VAT, on any products? Or perhaps you missed a
"sometimes" in the first sentence.

BTW, pls try and snip, it really makes life easier for the rest of us,
TIA.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy