Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Id please

On 2013-06-01 10:12:40 +0100, stuart noble said:

On 31/05/2013 21:28, S Viemeister wrote:
On 5/31/2013 2:32 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2013 19:38:50 +0200, Willi wrote:
Columbines. (Aquilegia) The wild ones grow in the woods. So semi-shade
would be fine, I guess.

Grows well even in deep shade IME.

Mine grow in deep shade, semi-shade, full sun, in cracks in the tarmac,
between paving stones...

Actually I need something like that. Over the years I've been reluctant
to plant anything I couldn't control, with the result that things look
a bit regimented

I really like things plonking themselves wherever they wish. If
they're a real nuisance, they're usually easily plucked out if caught
quickly. The foxgloves that decide where they're going to go, joined by
the Aquilegias, the Alchemilla mollis, the Welsh poppies etc. do give a
relaxed charm to the garden which is my personal preference. We even
have myrtles and Hoherias that arrive unannounced and take up
residence. Only one or two have had to be taken out because they
obstructed a path or steps and most seem to have a knack of going just
where most needed! Irritatingly, I saved seed from a white foxglove I
particularly liked and scattered it on a bank where two large
Macrocarpa were felled a few years ago. Not one blasted plant has come
up there!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com