Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Has anyone had any luck with veg?

"Baz" wrote

Mine, and others at home and allotment seem to be at a strike situation.
Other than pea, broad bean and potatoes, nothing is thriving now.
Brassicas have not grown hardly at all, maybe 10mm in 11 weeks.
I would expect at least a few tiny brussels sprouts to look at and think oh
yes here we are.

Over the last couple of weeks, especially the last few days, everything has
sprinted ahead, the Garlic, Shallots and Onions are looking very good now,
the Cabbages and Broccolli have grown well and look strong and healthy. Only
planted out our Brussels Sprout plants, 2 varieties, yesterday together with
the 2 varieties of Savoys, 4 varieties of Tomato, 2 of Peppers, Aubergines,
and 2 of Chilli. The last three are in large cloches. On our plot things
have well and truly started to move ahead at last.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.