Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Has anyone had any luck with veg?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote

Mine, and others at home and allotment seem to be at a strike
situation. Other than pea, broad bean and potatoes, nothing is
thriving now. Brassicas have not grown hardly at all, maybe 10mm in 11
weeks. I would expect at least a few tiny brussels sprouts to look at
and think oh yes here we are.

Over the last couple of weeks, especially the last few days,
everything has sprinted ahead, the Garlic, Shallots and Onions are
looking very good now, the Cabbages and Broccolli have grown well and
look strong and healthy. Only planted out our Brussels Sprout plants,
2 varieties, yesterday together with the 2 varieties of Savoys, 4
varieties of Tomato, 2 of Peppers, Aubergines, and 2 of Chilli. The
last three are in large cloches. On our plot things have well and
truly started to move ahead at last.

Ah! nice. We can expect some nicer conditions further north from you, soon
I hope.
It is quite a nice day here, but it is not what I would call warm. No
howling wind.(for a change).

Seems like you have got a good start, despite the horrid conditions we keep
on getting. Best of luck to you.

Baz