Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Gurr Phil Gurr is offline

Default Strange pigeon behaviour

"Sacha" wrote in message

Collared doves were doing it here this morning. As it was a bright,
sunny morning, I assumed that they were just 'soaking up the
rays'.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland

I wondered about that but this was at about 8am today, though I've
observed it at other times of day, too. It was a sunny morning but not hot
and their wings weren't spread to catch the sun. They're not eating,
they're not moving and they're always solitary. It's quite weird!

No ants up here, one first seen at about 8.30 and it was so still that
I thought it was sick or dying. Then the other one came down to
join it and they stayed for about 30 minutes. I've never seen that
behavoiur before.