Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone had any luck with veg?

In article ,
says...

Mine, and others at home and allotment seem to be at a strike situation.
Other than pea, broad bean and potatoes, nothing is thriving now.
Brassicas have not grown hardly at all, maybe 10mm in 11 weeks.
I would expect at least a few tiny brussels sprouts to look at and think oh
yes here we are.

Baz

Same here, nothing seems to be moving. Started
brassicas in trays in the greenhouse and they grew on
quite well. Put some out 2 weeks ago, but they've
virtually done nothing, still the same height as when
planted out. Those remaining in the tray, althought
sitting outside, next to the planted out ones, seem to
be growing much better!

Planted some leeks out a while back, and they now look
terrible, tops all brown. Again I still have some in
trays, which look fine, so it looks as if I'll have to
replant.

Runner beans, planted direct have yet to show.

And there was me trying to get everything all
organised, as I'm off for almost 4 weeks towards the
end of the month.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales