Old 25-04-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default I HATE WATER LEVELS!!!

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
snip
I have to tell you that my DH did the leveling in my pond.
He was out there with his level and a board. He would apply
the dirt with a trowel until it got to the proper level. I
did take a photo of the event. Wouldn't you know that the
place where he worked the hardest to level is now the area
where the pond over-flows. It's funny because I wanted him
to put a drain at that location, but he thought it was a bad
idea ;-)

snip

We're putting a lot of effort into a natural look, so we're doing our best
to avoid a visible liner. I want to try and get the water right up to the
edge if possible. Right now we have been using a bucket of water set near
the edge of the pond, with the water level just slightly higher then the
pond edge. SO walks around with the tube, gets it settled and then I hack
away dirt. I know on one edge I will need to add dirt, but that backs up to
some dense pine so I am not to worried about how it will look in the back.
The 2x4 will be a dream to work with compared to this...I can't wait to try
it.

Of course, when this is all done...I'll have to do the same for the VF.
*sigh*

Why do I always overdue my projects?

BV.