Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default woodchuck humor

Frank wrote:
Mice, you have to seal all holes into your house and trap those inside.
They're all over the place outside and your neighbor probably would have
been hit anyway.

mice are all around here constantly. even with
the wide border of crushed limestone mulch they
still venture along the exterior foundation where
i keep traps set all year now. once i find places
they get into the walls i plug those up, but they
seem able to get in other spots too. the crawl
space i sealed up very well from the rest of the
house (making sure that all gaps were sealed and
covered with metal mesh). they rarely get into
the house itself (two times in 16 years) those
are brought in boxes taken from the garage or
garden shed.

which also reminds me of the time i had a mouse
family shipped to me at college in my model train
boxes (that were stored in the rafters of my
brother's garage). figured out i had mice when
i left a hot chocolate cup (empty with a little
bit in the bottom) on my desk and woke up the
next morning to find a few mouse nerds in the
bottom of a very clean mug. opened up the boxes,
found the nest (and a large cache of dry dog
food). had to trap the adults. peanut butter.

ok, really, i gotta get to sleep... naps in
the early evening play havoc on a schedule.

songbird