Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default May Mushroom

"Granity" wrote in message

Christina Websell;984456 Wrote:
wrote in message
...-
Ragnar
wrote:-
Looks like common Field Mushroom to me.-

From the underside, but the top is brown.-

do not eat it. I did once eat a mushroom from my garden and spent 24
hours
on the toilet.
It looked innocuous. It wasn't.

Christina, instead of sounding like a stuck needle every time someone
mentions mushrooms, perhaps you could explain what you thought the
mushroom was, how you managed to misidentify it and what reference works
you used. This would be much more use to others on here. :-)

OK, it looked like a field mushroom and I used Collins field guide.

The only thing I can say is that the cap was slightly yellow.

I cannot produce it again for examination because I ate it.
I wish I hadn't.