Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Taking cutting of alder

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 May 2013 16:35:24 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

On 26/05/2013 09:24, Michael Bell wrote:
Thank you very much. It's good to see that I am not too late for this.
At least it identifies the rooting powder so that I can get the same.
In my local garden shop I looked at one product and its label, claimed
to be wonderful, also claiming to be "all natural materials, no
artificial chemicals". In other words Homeopathy!

"all natural materials, no artifical chemicals" does not necessarily
equate to homeopathy.

Homeopathy is pure water with a memory.

It might mean that it contains plant hormones
found in nature rather than similar chemicals not found in nature. It
might further mean that the plant hormones are extracted from plants,
rather than synthesised.

It might mean snake oil.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

I do so wish that Michael will not be encouraged too much in his search for
alders that will feed the planet "if I can find one with big seeds"
Or maybe I am totally wrong and that's the way to go.

What I won't do is patronise him. I do not agree with his idea that an
alder tree even with big seeds can be useful for feeding humans.