Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RustyHinge RustyHinge is offline

Default Please tell me this isn't giant ground elder

On 04/06/13 18:54, Blenny wrote:

/hogweed/
I've handled the leaves without ill effect - but think I'll proceed with
caution. Cooking it sounds tempting though!

While the shoots are curled-up rather like bracken shoots.

Those, fat hen, and other wild foods were my staple from 2006 - 2008ish.

DWP cocked-up paying me my state pension for two and a half years,so it
was live off the land, starve, or turn to crime.

Fortunately, I have amassed a useful knowledge of edible plants, fungi,
and am a good shot.

--
Rusty Hinge