Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Birdseed query

On Tue, 28 May 2013 23:20:42 +0200, kay
wrote:

Hugh Newbury;984196 Wrote:
I have a lot of birdseed. I wondered this morning what it consisted of,

and more especially what would come up if I planted some. I'm someone
here will know. Please share ...

They vary. Possibilities include wheat, millet and other cereals,
ornamental grasses, a rather boring crucifer, almost certainly
sunflowers. The really interesting ingredient was removed from birdseed
a number of years ago.

I think I had some sort of strange plant grow from ours the other year
- not sure if it was a datura or something like jimson weed.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk