Old 25-04-2003, 03:20 PM
P+C

Default chamomile lawn

"Dave Arthuro" wrote in message
| I've been considering replacing the existing lawn with a chamomile lawn,
| rather than paving it over. The only reason I'm suggesting this is because
| somebody told me it would be a maintenance free lawn. I wont be
| walking on it much.

We had a camomile lawn many years ago. The
fragrance was amazing but sadly the lawn only survived
a couple of weeks because smell spread to every
slug within a 5 mile radius.

We had a very large resident toad and frogs in the
garden & I often went out after dark to remove
as many slugs as I could find. This wasn't difficult
as there were so many it was hard not to tread on
them.

I hope you have more success.

Pauline