Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gogo[_3_] gogo[_3_] is offline

Default can I prune bronze fennel?

Hi,

Not talking about the yearly pruning back to soil level that I do, but
during the growing season.
I have a large clump of bronze fennel which is doing very well indeed.
The problem is that it's in a small front garden border and when it
reach its maximum height when flowering, it takes over everything and
it's far too big for the border. I think I should completely remove it
but at the same time I love it right now when the new leaves come out of
the soil in this deep dark red colour and feathery aspect.
Can I try to prune them once they start to get bigger, even if this
means probably no flowering, or will it damage the plant badly?

Thanks