Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default 7 Natural Foods to Help You Lose Weight

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 09:46:05 +0100, David Hill wrote:

Came across this interesting item

We all love our steaks and our spuds but what if we could make them
healthier? Well, according to research currently being conducted all
over the world, there are certain spices, vegetables and fruits that can
actually turn an unhealthy dish into one that burns the cals!

snip

As others have suggested, absolute bunkum!

Putting a sprinkle of black pepper on a super sized hot chilli pizza is
not going to turn it into a healthy nutritious slimming snack.

Using these (and other) natural foods within a strictly calorie controlled
diet may increase your metabolic effectiveness slightly, but the main
thing is just not to eat more than you need to replace energy used during
a 24 hour period.

This smacks of 'magic cure' thinking - "Oh, it's all right to eat all
these massive meals as long as I include some black pepper and coconut
milk in them".

Followed by blaming the scientists (or the world in general) when it
doesn't work.

Oh, and as far as I know steak isn't unhealthy apart from the links
between red meat and carbonised food with some forms of cancer.

Spuds are far more likely to do you damage because overloading on
carbohydrates is the thing that piles the weight on.

Look at high protein/high fat low carbohydrate diets - there is a lot of
support for this as a healthy way of living.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

and

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/low-c...-fat-diet.html

Cheers