Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default New turf going thin

On Jun 6, 4:14*am, jonnystuartuk
wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys,

I think my plan of action is to keep watering it for a few more weeks
every other day or so and see how I get on.

The blade is brand new so should be nice and sharp (apart from when I
caught it the other day on an edging stone! May have to sharpen it.)

If I look down from the bedroom I can see it going thin in places

jonnystuartuk

Did you try to pull back a piece in a couple of spots? Try one where
the grass is doing well, other where it's not. See if there is root
development, examine closely for any insects, etc. If you've been
over-watering it and keeping it saturated, constantly wet, I would
definitely cut it back. I would not water it more than once a day
except for maybe the first few days. Then by 2 weeks in, I'd be
back to every other day. After about two months, I'd reduce
again to every 3rd day.