Old 06-06-2013, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 7 Natural Foods to Help You Lose Weight

In article ,
RustyHinge wrote:
On 05/06/13 10:52, wrote:

Celery: Your mind might have already wandered to a Bloody Mary, and you

Wasn't this the one that was (allegedly falsely) suggested as "burns more calories
to consume than it provides"?

That's boiled or fried eggs...

I believe that it is true of most raw leaf vegetables (i.e. the
green in green salad) - their nutrition isn't the calories they
provide :-)

That brings me on to the Nick Maclaren diet (which I am sane
enough not to use):

Have as many meals as you want in a day, and anything you
like in the meals, but nothing between meals

Start each meal with a complete head of Webb's lettuce; eat
the rest of the meal only when you have finished it

My assertion is that is far saner than 99.9% of all publicised
diets ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.