Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Sinister looking new vine in my yard

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 6/6/13 12:32 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 05/06/2013 19:29, wrote:
I found this in the thicket above my porch. The place is home to lots
of birds, so I suppose they transported it here. Is it time to get out
the flamethrower?

https://plus.google.com/photos/11180...20312975048591

Thanks in advance

Bob

If you don't want it, pull it up now. Don't wait. The leaves have a
sort of waxy coat and it just shrugs off weedkiller - even full strength
glyphosate has little effect once it gets established.

If you mix some liquid soap with the herbicide, you defeat waxy coats,
fuzzy leaves, and other surfaces that normally will not become wet.

But that doesn't work with ivy.